Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Chasing Cars

blurred
Photo credit/source: http://www.shutterstock.com/video/gallery/James-Stevens-83748/


Last night wasn't something out of the ordinary. I've had a close run-in with the law, yet again. Tough luck!

After a night of pure fun, flowing alcohol, and sexy girls, I though to myself it was time to head out. It was around midnight when I walked out of the bar aching to go home and retire for the night. After turning right at one corner leading to the highway, I felt a sudden urge to speed up and go on a ride. The wind bristling thru my hair, the sound of cars speeding by, such pure bliss.

But just as I was about to enjoy the ride, the deafening sound of the sirens began blaring thru my ears. Blinded by the red and blue lights flashing on my rear-view mirror, I began to speed up more.

It seems that my speeding has caught the attention of the local law enforcement. I was in hot pursuit. The idea of crashing into oncoming traffic didn't ever crossed my mind. I wasn't scared, not one bit. I felt invincible, untouchable. It was as if I was possessed by The Flash; blazing thru each and everyone, swerving left and right, dodging everything on the road with ease. It kept my adrenaline pumping.

As I was enjoying my moment of awesomeness, the risk of getting caught lingered in my mind. I knew that if I get caught, I will not only be fined and penalized but also will incur lengthy prison terms. That is not something I will be able to take lightly. I knew I must do something, something that will get the cops off my shoulder.

I'm invincible, untouchable, I thought to my self. Heck I'm a god, I can do this. So I put the pedal to the metal, no holds barred. Before I knew it, I was doing 250 as reflected on my speedometer. The cops can try but they ain't catching me this time, I told myself.

Until...

BAM! A loud crashing sound buzzed thru my ears. I can hear something ringing. The sound grew louder and louder by the second. The billowing sound echoing, deafening me. Can't stop, won't stop.

Then, it struck me.

Everything was just a dream.


No comments :

Post a Comment